Dato’ Kenneth Kolb DIMP
Group Chief Executive Officer & Chairman
· Founder and
inventor of the Hot-Can self-heating can packaging
product technologies. Kenneth received his first US
utility Patent at the age of 22 and has designed,
developed and patented more than 15 products. He holds
more than 27 patents worldwide during the course of his
career, having successfully commercialized many of these
products in the marketplace worldwide.
· Educated at
Macalister College in Minnesota and the University of
Tulane in New Orleans, he received a BGS Cum Laude in
Biological Science in 1989. Concurrently, Kenneth
studied and conducted scientific research under a Nobel
Laureate in Medicine before working as Vice President of
Product Development and Vice President of Overseas
Operations for a US based furniture importer, thus
attaining his solid background in product research &
development, manufacturing, product development and
business development and has worked and lived in
Malaysia since 1990.
several successful businesses in Asia, he has 22 years
of experience in starting up and managing companies in
this region. These companies have grown into highly
profitable operating entities.
Mike Balfour OBE,
· Mike Balfour is a Chartered Accountant and the Founder of Fitness First, now the largest health club chain in the world. Fitness First floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1996 and was taken private in a £415m management buyout in 2003. With 550 clubs, 1.5 million members operating in 21 countries worldwide and over 20,000 employees, Fitness First is now the largest chain of health clubs in the world. In November 2005 BC Partners, a private equity firm, acquired Fitness First for £835m in a management secondary buyout. After 17 years Mike left the Board in September 2009 to pursue his other interests.
· Mike is Chairman of The Hideaways Club, which is now Europe’s largest private residence owners' club.
· Mike became PWC Entrepreneur of the year in 1999 and the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year in 2001.
· In July 2008 Mike was awarded the O.B.E. for services to business.
· In August 2010 Mike was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by The American Fitness Industry, the first time the award was made to a non-American.
Amro Al - Khadra
Amro Al – Khadra has recently
been appointed as a Non-Exexutive Director of Hot-Can PLC after retiring as Group Managing Director
and CEO of Maju Holdings Sdn Bhd and all its subsidiaries, effective July 2012
a position he has held since November 2009.
Amro is also the Executive
Chairman of Maju TMAS Sdn Bhd. and a director of Ipmuda Berhad, a company
listed on Bursa Malaysia Main Board, as well as a director of other Maju
Holdings associate companies such as Perwaja Holdings Berhad and Kinsteel
He has been with the Maju Group
since January 2008, as a Director of Business Development and International
Marketing as well as Project Director. He was appointed as Chief Executive
Officer for the Construction and Development Property Group of Companies in
Maju Holdings Sdn Bhd in July 2009.
Amro's career began in 1997, as
the Country Manager for the Orbit Satellite Network and Dan Trading. In 2003,
he was appointed Director of Special Projects for Dan Trading, successfully
expanding operations into neighboring Iraq. His duties included Supply Chain
and Logistic Management for troops deployed in Iraq. He then was promoted as
the Vice President of Dan Trading and its group of sister companies in Kuwait
before joining Maju Holdings Sdn Bhd.
of Monmouth University, New Jersey, USA, Amro obtained his BSc in Business
Administration with a concentration in International Business Management in
1996, followed by the completion of key managerial programs from the
International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland.
· Holds a double Masters' Degree: in Business and
Administration majoring in Finance and in Information
Technology major in E-commerce.
· Julien served as the Finance Director of
Eurocopter Malaysia and as senior consultant for EADS
Defence & Security Division. He also served as the CEO
of Enhance Interest Consulting and has now stepped down
to the non-exec chairman's role.
· Julien currently acts as a
director of Lighthouse Financial Services ltd, MBDA
Malaysia, Maju Sentrium Sdn Bhd, Heli-Partner Sdn Bhd
and Atmos Malaysia Sdn Bhd.